Navigating Real Estate as a Seller
Selling your home comes with its own set of challenges, but you can make it easier by understanding the market, knowing your home’s condition and staying aware of the various other factors that may impact your sale. The following are some helpful tips:
- The time between speaking with a real estate agent and actually getting your house on the market can vary widely depending on the situation. Whether you need to do some cleaning or renovations, this prep time is crucial. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to properly prepare your home for sale.
- How do you determine the prep that provides the most value, versus what goes too far? Neglecting some areas will inevitably lower the price, yet you still want to minimize the cost and time associated with getting your house on the market. Your agent will help you determine the areas that will potentially lower your home’s value so that you can prioritize them.
- During this process, your real estate agent will perform a market analysis on comparable homes to determine the value of your home. It will take a number of factors into account, such as your neighborhood, general location and how fast other homes are selling in the area. Ask your agent about this process and the steps taken.
- Once your house is ready, it’s time for your real estate agent to become your marketing agent. Your agent is in charge of hiring a photographer and coordinating how your home is advertised. If you have enough room in your budget, consider hiring a home stager so that your property truly appeals to potential buyers.
- When you’re ready to advertise your home, make sure your agent has ample high-quality networks through which to advertise.
- As part of the showing process, agents should make themselves available for accompanied showings to prospective buyers so that they are able to highlight all of the ideal features your home provides.
- When you start getting offers, your agent helps keep you focused through the negotiation process. Although you ultimately want to sell your home, be sure to remember the goals you’ve set for yourself and what you want to get out of the transaction. You may need to make some compromises, but don’t give up everything for the sake of the sale.
Selling your home takes work and can be frustrating at times, but with the help of your real estate agent, you can work through each step progressively and end up with the best value for your efforts.
Contact Us to learn more about selling your Boston Area home.